Link zum Video auf Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXqlncOvJM Continue reading “Georg Schramm redet Tacheles”
Netzpolitik.org weist auf den Beitrag vom NDR Zapp Magazin am 07.12.2011 hin. Dieser beleuchtet die Förderung des Exports von deutscher Überwachungstechnik ins Ausland.
Im Artikel findet sich sowohl der Beitrag selbst als auch ein 25-minütiges Interview.
- The motion was approved by the convention to include in the parties position it is against right-wing; moreover the proposals “Gemeinsam gegen Rassismus” (Together against extremism) and “Immigration bereichert die Gesellschaft” (Immigration enriches society) were added to the party program. This means an assertive statement against the far right and right-wing populists.
- A major part of the decisions made pertained to social politics. After a controversial debate, just over two thirds of the attendees voted for the evaluation of a “Bedingungsloses Grundeinkommen” (unconditional basic income (american: social welfare)) as a replacement for the existing social welfare system. The proposition stipulates the necessity to set up a national committee to evaluate the technical and financial possibilities and limits as well as public-opinion prior to any changes. The same proposition also demands a basic wage as a transitionary measurement. Moreover, the Pirate Party calls for a change in the regulations for unemployment aid. The benefits are to be increased; the lower limit should reflect the EU definition of poverty. Benefits should never fall short of that limit even in the case of sanctions or cuts. The limits for additional earnings should be raised as well; applications for social welfare should be handled less bureaucraticly. Less personal data should be compiled.
- With regard to economic policy, the Pirate Party demands an end to the compulsory membership in the public chamber of commerce and associations for companies except for lawyers, notaries and medical associations. Temporary employment / subcontracted work will be limited to six months. Contracts between the government and contractors may not be kept confidential but become public record.
- The Pirate Party is giving itself a more rigorous financial codex. When receiving donations of more than 1000€, it will publish the contributer’s name and address. There will be no restrictions from donations received from wills.
- In social politics, the Pirate Party reaffirms its position of the separation of government and religion. The government is not permitted to show preference for or precedence to any religion or church or relgious organizations.
- The prohibition of drugs shall be ceased. Instead of continuing the ineffective prohibition drug policy of the last years, we want to introduce addiction policies which focus on addiction prevention, legalize drugs, decrease crime and criminal penalties.
- In a position paper, the Pirate Party affirms its support for a united Europe. The European Financial Recovery Agreement (ESM) is heavily criticised for its lack of its democratic realisation.
- As we already claimed in our election platform in Berlin, the demand for a local public transport without tickets is shared by pirates all over Germany in a position paper.
- The program resolution regarding the copyright law plans a reasonable and appropriate reformation. The resolution is based on Daniel Neumann’s paper. The Pirate Party supports a free and public access to content, produced with public funds.